World Demolition Summit 2021 - conference update
By Steve Ducker30 July 2021
With this year’s World Demolition Summit (WDS) under three months away, the conference programme is taking shape.
Organised by Demolition & Recycling International and its publisher, KHL Group, the WDS will be one of the industry’s first in-person forum since the start of the global pandemic.
As well as featuring a drinks reception on the evening of October 20 and the World Demolition Awards ceremony and dinner on the evening of October 21, the summit’s centrepiece will be a one-day conference covering a range of demolition and recycling topics highlighting innovation and best practice.
- Safety is synonymous with savings
Decommissioning and demolition director, Resolute Decommissioning and Demolition Consulting
- The implosion of the Bank of Lisbon building in Johannesburg
Managing director, Jet Demolition
- Silica and the new rules in Europe
European Demolition Association Working Group on Hazardous Products
- Optimisation study into 1,000 ft demolition stack at Widows Creek Fossil Plant, USA
Vice president, sales and estimating, Brandenburg Industrial Service Company
Ahmed Amir Khalil
Business development engineer, Applied Science International
Vice president, major projects, generation and fleet services, Tennessee Valley Authority
- Digital and remote control in the demolition environment
Mohamed Abd El Salam
Senior manager, product management and business development, Topcon-Tierra
- Demolition of the 165-metre Mina Plaza building in Abu Dhabi
Managing director, Safedem
- Subject TBC
CEO, Veit & Company.
- More speakers to be announced soon.
The WDS is organised in cooperation with the European Demolition Association and the US National Demolition Association. Headline sponsor is Volvo Construction Equipment.