More speakers added as World Demolition Summit conference takes shape
29 March 2023
The conference programme for this year’s World Demolition Summit (WDS) is quickly taking shape, with some major additions to the list of speakers in recent weeks.
Among those joining us in Canada on 17 and 18 October will be:
- LaJuan Counts, director of the City of Detroit Department of Demolition, who controls a half-billion dollar budget to clear the city of commercial blight
- Simone Bruni, president of Demo Diva Demolition, also based in the USA
- Mark Loizeaux, president of explosive demolition specialist Controlled Demolition Inc, which won the World Demolition Award in the Explosive Demolition category in 2022
- Jason Maguire and Jeremy Later, senior project manager and operations manager of Canadian contractor York1 Demolition, who will speak on an Ontario decommissioning project.
The WDS is organised by Demolition & Recycling International in cooperation with the US National Demolition Association and the European Demolition Association. The headline sponsor is Volvo Construction Equipment.
Other speakers already confirmed for the event are:
- Brian Priestly, vice president operations, Priestly Demolition, Canada
- Pierre Migny-Torres and Alexandre Druet, project director and site director, Électricité de France
- Tom Koerner, operations director, Thompsons of Prudhoe, United Kingdom.
Check out the D&Ri website, e-newsletter and magazine for future speaker updates.
For full details of WDS 2023, including how to register, please visit the event website at demolitionsummit.com