International speaker line-up for WDS 2022
16 September 2022
The World Demolition Summit (WDS) returns to Europe this year as an in-person event for the first time in four years – with a global line up of speakers.
As the summit heads for Vienna on 16 and 17 November, we already have presenters from three continents confirmed, with the final big names to follow soon.
As in previous years, the conference will feature a range of demolition projects combining the innovation and best practice within the industry which the WDS is well known for promoting.
But we will also be covering key subjects such as people and skills shortages, safety and net zero, all of which are high up the agenda for the demolition sector.
Here’s how the programme is shaping up at the moment:
- Barrio 31 Urban Space Creation Project, Buenos Aires
Chief operating officer
Grupo Mitre, Argentina
- Carbon audits for demolition - the SME challenge
Ben Griffiths and Jonathan Cox
Safety health environment and quality director/marketing director
Rye Group, United Kingdom
- Circular economy in demolition - dismantling for reconstruction
Marketing and business development director,
Purkupiha Group, Finland
- Demolishing and remediating a power plant
Ferraro Group, Italy/Germany
- Implications of legacy asbestos spacer blocks in demolition
Wayne Bagnall Consulting, United Kingdom
Material traceability and net zero on demolition projects
Civils work manager and project director
Delsan-AIM Environmental Services, Canada
- Remote control demolition to support restoration of iconic Christ Church Cathedral, Christchurch, New Zealand
Shaun Coakley and Simon Gaynor
General manager/Commercial manager
Protranz Earthmoving, New Zealand
- Solutions to people and skills shortages in demolition
Lawsons Global Recruitment, United Kingdom
- Urban factors in demolition projects
Quality and environmental manager
Engineering Lepistö, Finland
The final programme, with running order and timings, will be published in the next WDS newsletter published in October, as well as in the Demolition & Recycling International e-newsletter and on the D&Ri website.
The World Demolition Summit is organised by D&Ri in co-operation with the European Demolition Association and the US National Demolition Association. The headline sponsor is Volvo Construction Equipment.